Last Updated on
About LEGO Star Wars
LEGO Star Wars The Skywalker Saga – Official Announcement Trailer
Much less awaited than Jedi: Fallen Order, the announcement of LEGO Star Wars – The Skywalker Saga is – admittedly – somewhat under the radar of a number of fans. LEGO Star Wars games have their share of loyal players, both young and old, so it would be unfortunate to overlook the game.
LEGO has proposed a new trailer for its future game based on the Skywalker saga (the 9 films will be presented in this new work), which will be released in 2020 on consoles (Xbox One, Switch, PS4) and PC.
The official trailer can be watched here:
We’ve included below the main announcements and information about the game that was unveiled during the E3 show:
- The title will include all the main films of the saga, from Episode I to Episode IX.
- It is notably the content related to The Rise of Skywalker that explains the game’s release in 2020 since the developers don’t yet know what the movie is made of.
- It will be possible to start the game with the movie you want. It will also be possible to start another movie before having completed the previous activity.
- Each movie will be composed of 5 levels if possible drawn from sequences not yet seen in a Star Wars LEGO.
- The Skywalker Saga is neither a remake nor a compilation. No segments of the game have been foolishly taken from a previous LEGO Star Wars title: they are all new original creations made expressly for the title.
- Apart from the movie campaign, about 500 “quests/side activities” will be scattered throughout the different areas of the game. Designed to be quite diverse, these quests will range from a simple helper to a Gonk Droid to smuggling missions from one planet to another.
- Fighting has been made a bit more complex: it will finally be possible to chain several attacks – light, heavy, special – to make combos.
- Blaster aiming has also been improved and should be inspired by third-person shooter games.
- It will be possible to travel freely in the Star Wars galaxy aboard a ship and land on one of the game’s 20 planets to explore. These planets are spread over 9 different sectors, matching the different films in the saga. Several landing zones should also exist for most of the planets.
- Small random space battles will take place while wandering around the galaxy. In the E3 demo, such as an imperial destroyer emerged from hyperspace on a journey in the Millennium Falcon.
- The planets themselves should continue to be open for exploration.
- The Skywalker Saga will be the occasion for Traveller’s Tales to unveil a brand new game engine. As a result, the title will be more beautiful, more detailed and more animated than its predecessors.
- The camera has been redesigned and will now be placed closer to the characters, at shoulder level, like Gears of Wars or Fortnite.
- Like previous LEGO games, The Skywalker Saga will be playable in local co-op. The developers did not specify whether online co-op will be available … but they are not ruling anything out at the moment.
- As in Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens, the characters will be based on dialogue lines from the movie. However, many fans have indicated that they still hold on to the mute, universal expressions from the old LEGO games (where the dialogue was based on humming and grunting) … The developers have heard this call, but they are not promising anything about it yet.
We have included the official reveal trailer for you below, which shows iconic scenes with a good dose of humor in the usual LEGO Star Wars style. The most exciting part of the trailer is the ending. Because there we can take a first look at the LEGO version of D-O aka “Dio”, which together with R2-D2 and BB-8 will strengthen the droid family in Episode IX.
Meanwhile, you can pre-order the game at Amazon and be one of the first to try it out:
So much for all the info, we’ve gleaned about the upcoming LEGO Star Wars game! As always, don’t hesitate to share your impressions in the comments!